Presented by Mr. Barry Cope from SITMA.
The Sound Insulation Testing & Measurement Association is a professional association dedicated to promoting technical excellence and commercial effectiveness in all sound insulation testing applications. It was formed in 2018 to promote the testing and measurement industry and supports its members by extending market awareness of the technology and the members services.
The Sound Insulation Testing training is run over 3 days with an optional examination late on the 3rd day or early on the 4th day. The examination (both practical and theory) will allow future entry to competent persons programmes.
The aim of the course is to train delegates to carry out and report upon sound insulation testing on partition walls and floors, in accordance with ISO 140 Part 4 and 7, ASTM E0336-20 & ASTM E1007-21
At the end of the course delegates should be able to, but not limited to;
- Combine, average and subtract decibel values
- Set up and calibrate sound source and measuring equipment and perform simple routine checks to ensure the equipment is working correctly.
- Select suitable measurement numbers, locations and durations
- Measure octave and 1/3 octave band sound pressure levels
- Calculate dBA and dBZ levels from octave or 1/3 octave band levels
- Carry out airborne and impact sound insulation tests in accordance with ISO 140 Part 4 and 7, ASTM E0336-20 & ASTM E1007-21
- Use ISO 140-14 for non-standard testing
Modules that will be included are as follows;
- Basic Concepts
- Room Acoustic Concepts
- Sound Transmission Concepts
- Standardized measurement methodology
- Practical Aspects
- Report Writing